Week of November 6
Monday, November 6–no activities
Tuesday, November 7–
- 6th grade field trip to Freres Lumber
- Girls’ Basketball Game @ Mill City @ 4:00 pm
Wednesday, November 8–
- All School Mass @ 8:15 am (8th grade)
Thursday, November 9–
- Girls’ Basketball Game VS Jefferson @ 3:30 pm
Friday, November 10–Veterans’ Day–no school
Butter Braids Are Back!!
Get your Butter Braids in time for the Christmas holiday. The 7th grade class is selling Butter Braids now through November 17th with delivery on December 7th. Proceeds go towards next year’s Outdoor School. All 7th grade students have order forms, or you can order at the front office. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Ditter at 503-302-5973.
Congratulations to our Pumpkin Decorators
We had some amazingly creative pumpkins again this year. Thank you for your support of our creative students and for our Holt child.
Winners for the decorating contest:
- 1st place: Tanner Starbuck “Civil War Football”
- 2nd place: Lucas Downing “Donuts”
- 3rd place: Lucie Gould “Mr. Potato Head”
- 4th place: Luke Schmidlkofer “Hairy Monster Bunny”
- 5th place: Jake Laube “Green Witch”
Fall Fundraiser-A Great Success
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Fall Fundraiser! The school met its fundraising goal! The following families were the top three fundraising families and received prize baskets at the October assembly:
- 1st:Tie: Adam and Ella Hilton & Grant Dolby – Each family sold 30 items
- 2nd: Katelyn Searfus
- 3rd: Fletcher and Roman Gould
SCRIP – Order Schedule AND Special Orders
Holidays are coming, which affect the SCRIP schedule. NO ORDERS THE WEEK PRIOR TO THANKSGIVING, OR THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING. Please plan accordingly. Safeway is still unavailable for order, but I hope to get it back as soon as possible.
There are only 4 order dates left before Christmas Break. SCRIP makes holiday shopping easy, purchase gift cards for all of those hard to shop for recipients! Start planning your holiday gift card needs now, and purchase early! SCRIP is easy gift giving. SCRIP is also great for your own shopping to purchase gifts (Kohl’s, Macy’s, Target, Wal-Mart, Nike, Cabela’s, Roth’s, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Maurices, Buckle, JCPenney AND many, many more)!
Small denomination cards are also currently available, on a limited basis. This includes $5 cards for many retailers that normally don’t offer those smaller amounts. Check it out!
SCRIP Order schedule is as follows:
- Orders placed Friday, November 3, to be delivered Thursday, November 9.
- Orders placed THURSDAY, November 9, to be delivered Friday, November 17.
- NO ORDERS NOVEMBER 17
- NO ORDERS NOVEMBER 24
- Orders placed Friday, December 1, to be delivered Friday December 8.
- Orders placed Friday, December 8, to be delivered Friday December 15.
December 8 is the LAST CHANCE to order BEFORE Christmas Break!
Regular orders will resume again in January.
Do you need a special order for the office? SCRIP may be able to help!
Scrip shopping isn’t one size fits all – we understand that sometimes your families need to make big purchases, or just give a small “thank you.” Fortunately, in addition to our wide selection of scrip products, we can also work with some retailers we currently carry to place special orders for larger or smaller denominations that are not normally available.
Now is also the time to get in special orders (must be placed by the end of November). Many retailers can provide special denomination cards with a minimum purchase. If your company (or employer) provides gift cards for the holidays, maybe they would be interested in making their purchase through our program. Please contact StMaryStaytonScrip@yahoo.com for additional information.Special orders are great for bigger purchases like fall home improvement projects and furnishings, and smaller denominations make excellent stocking stuffers for the holidays.
If you’re interested in placing a special order, let me know! Make sure you place any special orders by the end of November, because special orders are not available during December.
Please keep the following in mind when considering a special order:
- Special orders can only be placed for a limited selection of retailers our supplier currently carries. I can let you know the special order policies of any retailers you’re interested in.
- All retailers require a $500 (face value) minimum for special orders, and some require more.
- The lead time for special orders will generally be longer than typical turnaround times, and may be as long as two weeks. I can tell you the turnaround time to expect for the particular brand you order.
- Special orders are non-stock items and cannot be returned.
- You may be able to get the denominations you need in printable ScripNow® eCards. When you order ScripNow, you’ll receive your eCards much faster and you won’t have to pay shipping. Visit ShopWithScrip.com to see if the brands you’re interested in are available.
53rd Annual St. Mary Green Sale
The Green Sale is scheduled for December 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. This fundraising event features handmade Christmas swags/wreaths, centerpieces, themed gift baskets, vendors and a Sunday fundraiser breakfast.
WANTED: CRAFTERS/VENDORS. Space is limited to 6 crafters/vendors; 2 spaces left. Each space is $50.00 for 9 feet wide by 8 feet deep space. Each reservation includes both Friday (December 1, 2017) and Saturday (December 2, 2017). Registration deadline is November 9th. Please see flyer/reservation form for details. If you have questions or need further information, contact Carmela Flett at email@example.com.
We are also in need of baskets to use in packaging the gift baskets. A variety of sizes are needed.
Green Sale Volunteer Positions – We will be needing lots of help to make this fundraiser successful. Please take a look at the list for opportunities to help (plus earn share hours) during the dates of Sunday, November 26th thru Sunday, December 3rd. Contact Carmela Flett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gift Baskets – Theme Assignments For Each Grade
We are starting to collect items for our Green Sale themed gift baskets. Please look at the list for class theme assignments and have your children take their items to the classrooms or office by Tuesday, November 28th.
We are looking for quality NEW items to place in baskets then cellophane wrap and gift tag. These baskets are then sold at the Green Sale. If shopping doesn’t fit your schedule, a cash or gift card donation is also greatly appreciated. We will then shop for needed items for you!
Santa’s Secret Workshop
Please donate gently used items and drop-off at front office by Tuesday, November 28th. The shop is for children to buy inexpensive gifts for family and friends. Open on Friday evening only of Green Sale Weekend.