Week of September 25
Monday, September 25–
- 8th Grade leaves for Outdoor School for the week
- Girls’ Volleyball Game VS Mt. Angel @ 3:30 pm (7th grade only)
Tuesday, September 26–
- Cross Country Jefferson Invitational @ 4:00 pm
Wednesday, September 27–
- All School Mass @ 8:15 am (6th grade)
- Girls’ Volleyball Game @ Scio @ 4:00 pm (7th grade only)
Thursday, September 28–Color Theme Day
- SOTM Assembly @ 2:15 pm in cafeteria
Friday, September 29–
- 8th grade returns from Outdoor School
Monday, October 2nd, is Picture Retake Day
SCRIP: Sign-up…Ask Questions…Place Orders!
It’s PARENT NIGHT! I’ll be there, ready to help YOU sign-up for SCRIP and get started!
Let’s get families signed-up! Let’s get some orders placed!
I’ll be there with lots of information to answer your questions!
It’s easy to sign-up. It’s easy to order. Get signed-up. Earn FREE MONEY for your tuition account AND for the Parent Club. Support this EASY fundraising activity!
Parent Night Tonight!!
Parent Night is tonight from 6:00-7:30 pm. Parents only – free child care is available in Room 6. Homeroom teachers will be doing the presentations in their classrooms promptly at 6:00 and 6:45 p.m. Please wait for the 6:45 presentation if you are late for the 6:00 p.m.
For example, Mrs. Bishop will do a presentation at 6:00 and then the same presentation at 6:45. If you have a child in her class and another grade you will want to plan accordingly so a least one parent can make it to each homeroom. Presentations will include classroom and student expectations and other important classroom/grade specific guidelines.
Also available will be two sessions of the initial Called to Protect video training for those wishing to become eligible to volunteer. The first session will start at 5:00 pm (no child care at this time-Adults only please). The second session will start at 6:30 p.m.
- 5:00 to 6:00 pm–Called to Protect video in cafeteria
- 5:30 to 6:00 pm–PowerSchool in Rm. 7
- 6:00 to 6:20 pm–Teacher presentations in classrooms
- 6:30 to 7:30 pm–Called to Protect video in cafeteria
- 6:45 to 7:05 pm–Teacher presentations in classrooms
- 7:00 to 7:30 pm–PowerSchool in Rm.7
Thursday, Sept. 28th, Color Theme Day
Thursday, Sept. 28th, is Color Theme Day. It is a non, uniform dress day with assigned colors per group as listed below.
- PK&4Kroon – Orange
- K&7 – Blue
- 1&6 – Red
- 2&5 – Purple
- 3&4Kester – Green
Please remember to notify the school office by 8 am if your child will be tardy or absent for the day. You can notify the office by calling 503-769-2718 or emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your help in this so the office does not need to make unnecessary calls.
Parent-Student Handbook Signatures
Please sign and return pages 39 to 42 from your Parent-Student Handbooks. If you need another copy of the handbook, please notify the school office.
Share Hour Opportunities
- Organize/Clean the Uniform Depot – Log your hours on Share Hour Form
- Staff Hospitality Committee – Contact Sarah Woodley @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share Hour Coordinator/Committee (Help with SignUpGenius) – Contact Parent Club @ email@example.com
- 3K/5K Fun Run Coordinator – Contact Parent Club @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green Sale Coordinator Job Shadow – Contact Parent Club @ email@example.com
- Fun Coordinator (indoor trick-or-treat at St. Mary, Movie Night, etc) – Contact Parent Club @ firstname.lastname@example.org
A huge THANK YOU to all the athletes, parents, volunteers, sponsors, referees and spectators for making the tournament a success! Approximately 475 spectators came thru the entry gate to watch 49 teams compete (included a total of 190 players plus 49 coaches). The tournament required the help of 14 referees that included parent volunteers and referees from Mid-Valley Basketball Officials Association and Salem Basketball Officials Association.
Thank you to the following 2017 3 on 3 Tournament Sponsors:
- G & M Logging
- Power Dealerships
- Lulay Financial
- Keudell/Morrison Wealth Management
- Arielle Hernandez of Sundance Realty
- The Freres Family
- North Santiam Funeral Services
- Mike Adams Construction
- Consolidated Business, Inc.
- Moonlight Maintenance, Inc.
- Farmers Insurance – Michael Bochsler
- Slayden Community Fund
- Friends of St. Mary
- Creativate Design and Advertising
- Sports Fever