Week of September 4- Welcome Back!!
Monday, September 4- Labor Day, No School
Tuesday, September 5- No activities
Wednesday, September 6 –
- Girls’ Volleyball Game @ St. Paul @ 3:30 pm
Thursday, September 7- No activities
Friday, September 8-
- Joint Mass with Regis @ 1:00 pm with Archbishop Sample – Parents are Invited
- Girls’ Volleyball Game VS Scio @ 3:30 pm
New Lunch Process This Year!
With the retirement of Patty this year, we are going to be partnering with North Santiam School District to provide lunches. It will look a little different in menu and process.
Here are some things of note:
- The monthly menu will still be available online, at the office, and attached to the Thursday Folder at the beginning of the month.
- There will be 2 hot entree options each day.
- There will be a sandwich option and a yogurt and bagel option every day.
- The variety bar will match the entree and is not an individual lunch option. For example, if they are serving cheeseburgers that day, the “variety bar” will have lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc so the students can build their cheeseburger.
- Students will have a milk and juice option each day that can be purchased individually to go with his/her cold lunch.
- There is an ala carte option where students can purchase one item from the “variety bar” to supplement their cold lunch. For example, depending on the day, they could purchase an apple or a few carrots.
This year the update training for volunteers is Safe Haven. If you will be volunteering in any capacity during the school year, you must have an up-to-date background check, a signed standards of conduct, and complete the online training. To complete the training, use this link and follow the directions it provides.
T-Shirts & Sweatshirts
We have t-shirts for “t-shirt Tuesday” and St. Mary sweatshirts available at the office. T-shirts are $10.00 and sweatshirts are $22.00.
We have adopted a new PK-12 Student Information System for checking grades, attendance, etc. called PowerSchool. You will receive an email sometime within the next three weeks with instructions for accessing it. We appreciate your patience with this transition.
School Website and Communications
FYI, we are currently working on a new combined website for our PK-12 school system. In conjunction, we are rethinking how we deliver weekly communications content to be the most effective and informative for all parents and students. We expect to roll out these changes later this Fall or early Winter. For now, we will continue distributing the Thursday Folder for the St. Mary Campus and the Ram Weekly for the Regis Campus as we have been doing. Stay tuned!
Thursday Folder Requests
For those of you that want to have requests placed in the Thursday Folder, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday of the week you wish the item to run. Thank You!
Cash or Check Drop-off
When dropping off cash or checks at the school office, please be sure they are labeled with student and family name and what the fee is for. If possible, please turn the fee in in an envelope. Please hand it to an office staff member rather than leaving it on the counter. Thank You!
Thursday, September 14th is Picture Day!
Students may wear non-uniform clothes. (See dress code guidelines for non-uniform days)
More information and order form to come.
**School Tardy Policy**
Just a reminder of our school’s Tardy Policy. Students/families that are late to school in the morning (three or more times in 9 weeks) can choose to either have the student spend 30 minutes in detention or pay a $5 fine per child per tardy. Students in Grades 6-8 that acquire 3 or more tardies during passing time will have 30 minutes of detention on the day of the excessive tardy, and they will be excluded from any extracurricular activities that day (including sports). There is no option of paying a fine for middle school passing time tardies. Parents will be notified on the 3rd and subsequent tardy.
Protocol for Homework Requests
For unexcused absences (vacations, hunting trips, etc.), teachers are not required to provide homework for students prior to the absence. Homework will be waiting for the student when he/she returns and must be completed in the amount of time specified by the teacher. Teachers may comment on the advisability of absences from classes and communicate that some work cannot be “made up”.